1. Personal Information Protection
HIRAKAWA HEWTECH CORP. (hereafter, "the Company") acquires and uses information that allows personal identification, such as name, address, phone number, and email address, in order to ensure the smooth conduct of operations. The Company considers adequate protection of personal information an important responsibility, and to fulfill this responsibility, handles personal information based on the following policy.
- (1) Personal information shall be handled in a suitable manner that conforms with generally accepted practices for handling personal information, and based on observance of laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information as well as all other related laws and ordinances. Improvement in the handling of personal information as needed shall also be striven for.
- (3) The purpose of use of personal information shall be clearly specified and announced, and that personal information shall be used accordingly.
- (4) The necessary measures shall be taken for proper management of personal information in order to prevent leaks, loss, and alteration of such information.
- (5) Individuals wishing to have the Company disclose, correct, delete, or stop using their personal information may direct such requests to the designated section (General Affairs Group), where they shall be handled in good faith.
- (6) The above-listed items shall be reviewed and improved as needed to maintain or improve the handling of personal information.
2. Purposes of Use
The Company reserves the right to use personal information for the following purposes.
- (1) Business communications
- (2) Performance of agreement (supply of products, services, etc.)
- (3) Supply of information regarding the products and services offered by the Company and its affiliates
- (4) Supply of information regarding seminars and exhibits sponsored, co-sponsored, hosted, or supported by the Company and its affiliates
- (5) Requests for surveys such as customer satisfaction surveys
- (6) Processing of inquiries, requests, etc.
- (7) Any other purposes for which the use of personal information is reasonably deemed required for the conduct of activities by the Company
- (8) In addition to the above, contents that have been announced beforehand
※The term "affiliates" as used here is defined as companies with which the Company has a particularly close relationship, such as companies that are either directly or indirectly capitalized by the Company or companies to which it has dispatched executives. The Company may share personal information with its affiliates. To ensure the smooth conduct of business activities, the Company may subcontract some of its operations to a subcontracted company and entrust personal information with said subcontracted company to the extent needed. In this case, the Company shall select as a consignee a person at said subcontractor who satisfies the Company's requirements, and shall conclude an agreement regarding the handling of personal information with the consignee and shall supervise the handling of personal information by the consignee in an appropriate manner.
3. Uses for Purposes Other than Those Listed Above
In the event that use of personal information for purposes other than those described in "2. Purposes of Use", the Company shall obtain the consent of each concerned party regarding such use beforehand, except when the proposed use is authorized under the law.
4. Disclosure and Provision to Third Parties
The Company shall not disclose nor provide personal information to third parties, except in the following cases: joint use with affiliates or entrusting of personal information to a subcontractor as described in "2. Purposes of Use", and the cases listed below.
- (1) Case when consent has been obtained from the concerned party
- (2) Case of disclosure or supply of information such as statistical data of a nature that precludes personal identification
- (3) Case when disclosure or submission is required under the law
- (4) Case when personal information is required for the protection of human life, safety, or assets, and obtainment of the consent off all concerned parties is difficult
- (5) In case cooperation is required for the implementation of official work by the state or local public authorities, and obtainment of the consent of all concerned parties would interfere with the implementation of said official work
5. Submitting Inquiries Regarding Personal Information
Inquiries regarding personal information and the disclosure, Requests to have the Company disclose, correct, delete, or stop using personal information may be directed to the Personal Information Inquiry Office listed below.